Year 2 2019-20
Additional Materials Beyond the Home Learning Pack
Here are some more materials that may be relevant to you:
Oak National Academy: https://www.thenational.academy
This website contains the online lessons that the Department for Education have organised. Registration is free.
Talk for Writing pack (English): https://mailchi.mp/talk4writing/home-school-booklets
These are some excellent English packs that are interesting and have a wide variety of subjects.
Robin Hood MAT (all subjects) packs (up to eight weeks!) https://www.robinhoodmat.co.uk/learning-projects/
This has a range of great suggestions for activities that are easy to organise.
BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
They now have daily lessons including some by celebrities!
White Rose Hub Maths Home Learning https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
This website is one of the best resources for Maths home learning available. This is more personalised to home use than the 'small steps' sent out in Home Learning Packs which is more akin to school use.
- Captain Tom Moore.pdf
- Layers of the Ocean Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Emperor Penguin Life Cycle Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Beach Habitat Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Write a book review
- Write the a new blurb for the book you are reading
- Write the answer to questions from your reading record.
- A Pirates Life For Me.pdf
- A Helicopter Tour of London.pdf
- A Space Adventure Activity Card.pdf
- Superhero Times Activity Card.pdf
- Antarctic Gazette Activity Card.pdf
- Create a shopping list for the week. Can you group the items into food groups on their list e.g. fruit and vegetables, meat, dairy.
- Write a recipe for a healthy meal of your choice. Can you use subheadings for the ingredients and instructions?
- Write a set of instructions for making a healthy meal. Can you use imperative verbs? Can you include adverbs?
- A comma in a list e.g. I went to the shop an bought an apple, orange and a pear.
- Exclamation sentence. e.g. What an awful job this is!
- A question.
- Contractions e.g do not - don't
- Year 2 SPAG Treasure Hunt Child Answer Sheet.pdf
- Year 2 SPAG Treasure Hunt Instructions.pdf
- Year 2 SPAG Treasure Hunt Questions and Answers.pdf
- Common Exception Words 1.pdf
- Common Exception Words 2.pdf
- Year 2 Term 3A Week 1 Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check Sheet.pdf
- Year 2 Term 3A Week 1 Word Lists.pdf
- Year 2 Term 3A Week 1 Presentation.ppt
- Year 2 Term 3A Week 1 Word Search.pdf
- Look at any photographs from previous beach trips/holidays. Compare the seasides you have visited.
- Use Google Earth and maps to find seasides and compare how they look to other places. i.e. seasides compared to lake districts or size of coast lines.
- Find out about a coastline in the North East and compare it to somewhere else in the UK.
- Compare UK coastline to coastlines abroad. What is similar? What is different?
- #Let's Explore a Seaside Town.pptx
- A Trip Around St. Ives Activity Sheet.pdf
- Year-2-2018-19-Summer-Block-1-Position-and-Direction (1).pdf
- Y2 Maths Mat 4.pdf
- Y2 Maths Mat 3.pdf
- Y2 Maths Mat 2.pdf
- Number splat.pdf
- Y2 Maths Mat 1.pdf
- The Great White Shark Activity Card.pdf
- How the Kangaroos Got Their Tails Activity Card.pdf
- Paul the Lucky Octopus Activity Card.pdf
- What Plants Need to Grow Activity Card.pdf
- Troll's Troubles Activity Card.pdf
- House for Sale Activity Card.pdf
- The Glenfall Gazette Activity Card.pdf
- Wanted Poster Activity Card.pdf
- A Scarecrows Job.pdf
- The Little Red Hen.pdf
- Farmyard Babies.pdf
- Turning Milk into Cheese.pdf
Miss Orr x
Hello Year 2,
Another week completed! You are still doing amazingly and it was so lovely to talk to some of you on the phone last week. Well done to all of you who completed last week's challenge. Lots of you drew some brilliant pictures for your postman and some of you even researched how letters get delivered to your door!
This week there is a bank holiday on Friday to remember VE Day. This was a very special event during WW2. This week I am going to give you a choice of task:
1) design your own VE medal for a veteran and write why this medal would be awarded and explain your choice of design.
2) write a diary entry about a street party on VE day. Can you describe what your street party looked like, what was there and how you felt on VE day? You could even re-create the party in your own house!
I can't wait to see what you all get up to! Remember to tweet your pictures or email me them so I can add them to our class page!
Missing you all lots,
Love Miss Orr xx
Hello Year 2,
Another lovely week in the sunshine! I have heard you are all doing some lovely things at home. Lots of you have been playing in the garden, finding out about nature, building with Lego and going on bike rides. Well done everyone, you're all doing an amazing job! Well done to all of you who have drawn pictures and written about St George, they were fantastic!
This week's challenge is to draw a picture or write a message for the key workers in your community. This could be the postman, binmen or for nurses and other key workers who walk past your house as it is National Post workers Day on Wednesday. Perhaps you could find out how a letter gets from the post box to your front door and all the people who are involved in helping it get there?
I look forward to seeing all your creations!
Miss Orr x
Hello Year 2,
I hope you have enjoyed your Easter break! The sunshine has been lovely so I have been in the garden lots. Thank you to everyone who has sent me photos and letters, I have loved seeing what you are all up to! This half term we would have been learning about the Seaside. I have pit some ideas of jobs you could do on our class page on the school website.
On Thursday 23rd April it is St George’s Day so your challenge this week is to paint or draw a picture of St George. Some of you may even want to find out about St George, if so, I would love to know what you have found out about him... you could send me an email or write me a letter!
Love Miss Orr xx
Good morning year 2s!
I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the sunshine! I’ve heard lots of you are enjoying crafts, playing in the garden, PE lessons with Joe Wicks and dancing with Oti Mabuse. It all sounds like lots of fun! I’m also very pleased to hear that lots of you have been drawing and painting rainbows for your windows! It is very important to cheer our community up with your beautiful artwork.
I thought it might be fun to set you a weekly challenge! You could get your siblings or someone in your family to join in if you want to.
Your first weekend challenge is… Decorate an egg shaped stone! Feel free to email me your pictures of your eggs or put them on Twitter!
Have a great week!
Miss Orr xx