Useful links

If you have any concerns about your child’s SEN, progress or provision we would urge you to come into school and discuss matters further with your child’s class teacher or the school SENCO. Although school complaints procedures are in place, we would always hope to resolve any issues or concerns informally by working in partnership with parents.

Newcastle's local offer for families can be found here.

Additional information

Parents can contact Specialist Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Supporters for impartial information, advice and support in relation to their child’s SEN and/or disability on 0191 284 0480 or by e-mail:

Department for Education SEND guide for parents and carers

A guide on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND).

Department for Education and Department for Health information: 

Children and Families Act 2014

SEND Code of Practice

The National Autistic Society

Visual Impairment, Newcastle City Council

Education Healthcare Plan